This is my fourth year so I know what you’re saying!! Bonnaroo and other music festivals are like chub rub in overdrive. It’s miles of walking every day in humid, 85+ heat. Here are a few thing I have learned throughout the years.
- Start taking care of chub rub before it happens. It is such a bitch to take care of after you already have it. So uncomfortable! Start day 1!
- Bring a shower bag, a shower tent, or pay for one there. It makes SUCH a huge difference and makes you feel like a million bucks. It will also help keep problem areas clean.
- Take a tip from the guys- Gold bond powder is actually awesome. You can also use baby powder. It really works. It’s kind of a pain in the butt to apply though, and can be seen on your skin, so I would only recommend it for when you’re wearing longer skirts or dresses.
- A lot of people use deodorant, too. It works, but I would be careful with it at Bonnaroo, it may not do the trick for Bonnaroo. It’s a good backup, though. It’s really important to just keep areas you get chub rub dry and as clean as possibly.
- Also, for Hangout fest I tried Skindura. It’s hand made and all natural. It’s also waterproof. It’s AWESOME. It worked like a dream. It’s a little pricey but I found it was completely worth it. The person who makes it did a lot of trial runs herself until she got it perfect. It’s definitely what I will be using for Bonnaroo.
- If you don’t have time to order it, there are other anti-chaffing gels and what not you can buy at any grocery or drug store. They work, too. My advice with Skindura and other gels though is to keep the area clean. I sat in the sand one day and it kind of ruined the whole glide effect & was a pain to get off my skin. I would bring a towel or blanket to sit on at Bonnaroo and you’ll be good to go!
- You also can’t go wrong with a good pair of bike shorts. I wear them a lot, actually. You also don’t have to worry about being modest when sitting at a show or anything. They’re the ultimate anti-chub rub! I got a pair at Target for $10.
If anyone sees me at Bonnaroo come say hey!