I cannot explain how much of a lifesaver Etsy was in my wedding preparations. I spent hours searching the internet for the perfect details for my wedding. Unfortunately, a lot of retailers are not big on the offbeat bride kinda gals. It was actually kind of hard to get a lot of people on board with a French Quarter in the Fall/ Halloween Chic wedding. I got a lot of raised eyebrows and “okay…” responses. Luckily, the internet has little niches like Offbeatbride.com (changed my entire view on weddings and also helped so much in planning and preparation) and the amazing artists on Etsy.com!
These 6 Etsy stores were an absolute joy to work with. All of my stuff came in a timely manner and was absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to open all of my packages, and was always so happy with the outcome. I didn’t have a single problem with anything I ordered from Etsy. I strongly recommend it for, well, pretty much everything you could ever think of.
1. Paper and Pancakes. They specialize in paper party supplies, including photobooth props. I cannot tell you how funny and cute all of our photobooth pictures came out! I was able to order everything in custom tones and colors as well.
2. Art House Bridal. This garter set was SO beautiful! I needed something for my “something blue” and this was perfect! I was so concerned about being plus size and finding a garter that wouldn’t fall down my leg and be a total pain. Luckily, Art House makes plus size garters that are not any less pretty than any others. She will make any garter in any size for you! She will also make a smaller toss garter if you’d like. I know it’s a silly detail, but the wrapping and shipping of the package was so cute, too. Very pleased!
3. Liquid Courage. They do custom flasks that are so beyond what you would expect. Absolutely amazing! My husband and I were SO happy when we got them in the mail. We ordered 11 flasks as gifts, all of which were perfect. They have patterns to chose from which we did for the boys, we had two custom flask made from photos we sent them as well. For my bridesmaids, I had matching flasks with black and white chevron and red hearts with their names on the front. I asked them to make this for me, and they sent me a mock up that looked exactly how it did in my head. Giving the gifts to our loved ones was so great. They loved them and they definitely came in handy the rest of the big day! Superb shop.
4. JennyGirl Designs. The second part of my gift to my girls was custom made clutches for the wedding. I messaged Jenny (who got them done in record time!) and told her what I was looking for. She sent me all the black and white patterns she had and I had my girls pick their favorites. I had each of their bags made with their favorite pattern with the matching flask inside. It came out SO great. I was so happy with them. You can tell they were made with lots of love and care. They came out so so beautiful. I know I will be carrying mine again and again.
5. MDNY . This shop has the most beautiful bejeweled shoes. I cannot begin to describe the amount of shopping I did for my wedding shoes. Being 5’11” my dress would only touch the floor if I was in flats (although I always wear flats, so not much of a stretch.) I was worried about my shoes not looking dressy enough, or having them upstaged by some killer heels at my own wedding. I knew I wanted exactly these shoes, but they were no where to be found, even though the amount of jeweled loafers and heels right now is crazy! I finally found these beauties. I got SO many compliments on them. They were comfortable, beautiful, and they sparkled like crazy at the reception. They were also a really cute pop of color when I walked or danced.
6. Kwirk Creative. I actually found these invitations a long time ago and fell in love with them. I always had them in mind. I contacted Nicki who made me several mock ups with different colors. She also split them into ceremony and reception invites, because we had a very small family/wedding party only ceremony and a much bigger reception. She printed them (and lots of extras for no cost) and sent them to me. They actually got lost in the mail, and luckily made their way back to her. I was freaking out a little because we had a month until the wedding. She kept in contact with me the entire time about the postal service debacle. Once she had them, she overnighted them to me free of charge. I am forever grateful! She was so wonderful to work with, and everyone loved our avant guarde invitations!
All in all, Etsy is completely the way to go! These little details really helped make my wedding extra special. The whole time I was asked, “Where did you get that?!” So, now you know the secret!